Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Life Through Pie

I discovered last night that pie making is an art, a science, easy and a total joy!

As one of two students at Kate McDermott's Art of the Pie class I learned the classic method for making probably the world's most excellent pie - according to my husband and many others. We floured, rolled, sprinkled, poured and cored our way to happy tummies. Kate's Heritage Organic Apple pie recipe combines a variety of seasonal apples that each has its own sugar and 'bite' profile, which makes each taste of the pie a discovery.
I need to check in with Kate on whether I can share her recipe to spiritual and emotional enlightenment. So stay tuned and eat up!
My pie and ticket to a dozen roses, or something nice above. Photo courtesy of Kate McDermott.

No comments: