Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's Day!


As commercialized as Valentine's Day has become I still love it. It is yet another reminder for me to show the special people in my life how much I love them. Most holidays leave me with a gaping hole in my wallet, and sadly this one is no exception. This year I was determined to do Valentine's Day on a budget (ahh, the life of a college student!) while making a conscious effort to make sure my choices are good for the earth too. I made collage/mosaic cards from scraps of paper and words from old magazines and newspapers. I set out with $5 and I was able to get glue, some glitter and a few other decorations.

For those of you with something in mind other than homemade cards I found some awesome gift ideas for moms and babies alike!

For moms:
I have been a fan of LUSH products for years and I love that they make their products from fresh organic fruits and veggies, and safe synthetics. They only purchase ingredients from companies that do not test on animals. The Floating Island Bath Melt is one of my favorite products. I always end my bath feeling relaxed and refreshed. Yet again maybe I just like this bath melt because it's shaped like a cupcake!


For baby:
Inhabitots' "Heart for Haiti Onesie" is made from 100% organic cotton with a sweatshop free design. What's even better than the adorable design is the fact that 50% of the proceeds will be sent to CARE to contribute to the Haitian disaster relief effort.




Photo courtesy of LUSH.

No comments: